What are the physical agents that cause cancer?
Broadly, physical carcinogens includes a wide range of agents: electromagnetic radiations of different kinds, corpuscular (alpha and beta) radiations, low and high temperatures, mechanical traumas, and solid and gel materials.
What is the major main cause of cancer?
Cancer is caused by changes (mutations) to the DNA within cells. The DNA inside a cell is packaged into a large number of individual genes, each of which contains a set of instructions telling the cell what functions to perform, as well as how to grow and divide.
What are the physical symptoms of cancer?
What are some general signs and symptoms of cancer?
- Fatigue or extreme tiredness that doesn’t get better with rest.
- Weight loss or gain of 10 pounds or more for no known reason.
- Eating problems such as not feeling hungry, trouble swallowing, belly pain, or nausea and vomiting.
- Swelling or lumps anywhere in the body.
Which foods cause cancer?
Cancer causing foods
- Processed meat. According to the World Health Organization (WHO), there is “convincing evidence” that processed meat causes cancer. …
- Red meat. …
- Alcohol. …
- Salted fish (Chinese style) …
- Sugary drinks or non-diet soda. …
- Fast food or processed foods. …
- Fruit and vegetables. …
What is carcinogen and examples?
A carcinogen is an agent with the capacity to cause cancer in humans. Carcinogens may be natural, such as aflatoxin, which is produced by a fungus and sometimes found on stored grains, or manmade, such as asbestos or tobacco smoke. Carcinogens work by interacting with a cell’s DNA and inducing genetic mutations.
What are the 7 warning signs of cancer?
Signs of Cancer
- Change in bowel or bladder habits.
- A sore that does not heal.
- Unusual bleeding or discharge.
- Thickening or lump in the breast or elsewhere.
- Indigestion or difficulty in swallowing.
- Obvious change in a wart or mole.
- Nagging cough or hoarseness.
Can someone have cancer for years without knowing?
If you’re wondering how long you can have cancer without knowing it, there’s no straight answer. Some cancers can be present for months or years before they’re detected. Some commonly undetected cancers are slow-growing conditions, which gives doctors a better chance at successful treatment.
What is the fastest killing cancer?
Pancreatic cancer is hard to diagnose early and so – when it is diagnosed – there needs to be a sense of urgency in treating people with the disease, as it is the quickest killing cancer.
What are the worst cancers?
Top 5 Deadliest Cancers
- Prostate Cancer.
- Pancreatic Cancer.
- Breast Cancer.
- Colorectal Cancer.
- Lung Cancer.